- For business expenses, Barrymore says the American Express Platinum Business is her preferred card.
- The actress turned entrepreneur carries her card in a humble Ziplock bag, not a wallet.
- She says her favourite card is “so dope and makes me feel like a baller."
Drew Barrymore–known for her roles acting and producing He's Just Not That Into You, Charlie’s Angels, and E.T. – has been an American Express card member for years. Despite bucketloads of on-screen success, she’s also an entrepreneur with an empire of four businesses under her belt: Flower Beauty, Flower Eyewear, Flower Press and her production company, Flower Films.
You might be surprised to learn that these days she’s toting a humble Ziplock bag as her wallet and inside lies the entrepreneur’s favourite card: the US version of the American Express Platinum Business card.
Unlike your everyday entrepreneur, Barrymore no doubt doesn’t need to rely on points to book flights – but the fact she understands and uses the perks of points shows just how savvy she is. The good news? You can too. It really is that easy.
Although Barrymore’s American Express Business Platinum will slightly vary from ours (as her card is the US version), the Aussie counterpart is also very rewarding.
Receive 120,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points
Receive 120,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply before 6th November 2019, are approved and spend $5,000 within your first 3 months of Card Membership. (Conditions Apply)
Complimentary access for you and a guest to over 1,200 lounges across 130 countries. (Conditions Apply)
Platinum benefits including a metal card right out of the envelope.
Higher earn rate of up to 2.25 pts per $1 spent on everyday purchases except ATO where you earn 1 pt per $1 spent.
This credit card offer is subject to change and may not be directly related to the content of this article.
American Express Platinum Business Card
So what makes this metal card so “dope”? At the time of publishing this story business owners can get:
- The iconic metal American Express card.
- 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply by 3 July 2019, are approved and spend $5,000 on your card within the first two months.
- Complimentary access for you and a guess to over 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries.
- Earn up to 2.25 pts per $1 spent.
Drew says her Amex Platinum Business is her preferred card for business expenses.
So whether you’re a makeup mogul (like Barrymore), a busy tradie or a fitness instructor – you’ll have expenses and this card could be a great way to be rewarded for whatever you expense.